Get ready to turn your Halloween dinner into a spine-tingling experience with our Spookhetti & 'Meatballs' recipe! 🦇🍝 This plant-based twist on a classic Italian favorite is not only frightfully fun but also incredibly flavorful. Perfect for kids and kids-at-heart, it's a deliciously spooky way to celebrate the season. So, grab your cauldron (or pasta pot) and let's brew up some culinary magic! 🕸️🕷️
For the "Meatballs":
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mushroom Bomb Ritual Powder
- 1 egg (or flax egg for a vegan option)
- Cooking oil for frying
For the Sauce:
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Mushroom Bomb Ritual Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Eyeballs:
- Mini mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- Sliced black olives
For the Pasta:
- 8 oz spaghetti (or gluten-free pasta)
Prepare the "Meatballs":
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, mashed black beans, breadcrumbs, grated carrot, chopped onion, minced garlic, Mushroom Bomb Ritual Powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the egg (or flax egg) and mix until everything is well combined.
- Form the mixture into small "meatballs" and set them aside.
Cook the Pasta:
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, combine crushed tomatoes, Mushroom Bomb Ritual Powder, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through and well-seasoned.
Cook the "Meatballs":
- Heat a bit of cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the prepared "meatballs" and cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning them occasionally until they are golden brown and heated through.
Assemble the Eyeballs:
- Take each mini mozzarella ball and carefully cut a small slit in the center.
- Insert a sliced black olive into the slit to create the "eyeball" effect.
- To serve, place a portion of cooked spaghetti on a plate, top it with the Mushroom Bomb sauce, and add the "meatballs" on top.
- Finally, place the mozzarella eyeballs on the "meatballs."
This spooky Mushroom Bomb Spaghetti and "Meatballs" with mozzarella eyeballs will make for a fun and delicious Halloween dinner! Enjoy!